How to Encrypt and Set Password in Pendrive on Windows 10 - Spanirix

Post Top Ad

How to Encrypt and Set Password in Pendrive on Windows 10

Share This
pendrive security


Imagine you have important documents in your portable drive and somehow you forgot to take your Pendrive with you. Now, any kind of person on earth can access your portable drive because your drive is not password protected. Security is a big issue nowadays. To ensure security we need to take proper steps. So to ensure security in our Pendrive we need to encrypt it and set a password. In this post, I'll teach you how to encrypt and set passwords in your Pendrive on windows 10 without any third-party software.


Step 1- You can press "Windows Key" and type BitLocker, press enter and open the BitLocker Drive Encryption or you can go to the Control panel > System and Security > BitLocker Drive Encryption.


Step 2- Look at the list and find your removable drive and click on it. You will see the "Turn on BitLocker" option. Click on it and it will start BitLocker. 

turn on Bitlocker


Step 3- Now in the new window you can set a password. Simply mark the "Use a password to unlock the drive" option. Now enter a password that you can remember easily and press "Next". The next option will show you how you want to create a backup for your recovery key. Select your preferable method and press "Next".

Recovery key backup


Step 4- In the new window, mark the first option and click "Next". Now select "Compatible Mode" and click "Next" and click on "Start Encrypting".

Start Encryption



Done! Next time when you insert and open your Pendrive you will be asked for the password.


I can't find my portable device in the list or I don't see the BitLocker option when I right-click on my portable drive. What can I do?

Fear not. If you don't see the option then follow this simple process-

Press "Windows key + R" to open "run". Type cmd and press enter > Now type "diskpart" and enter. 


It will open diskpart and from here you can fix the problem. Simply type "list disk" and enter. Now you will see the list of your drives. Look for the size of your portable drive. For me, it is disk 2 since I have multiple drives. If yours is disk 1 then type "select disk 1" and press enter. For me, it is disk 2 so I typed "select disk 2". Now type "list partition" and press enter. Now you will see the list of partition, for me, it is partition 1 so that's why I typed "select partition 1" and press enter. Now type "inactive" and press enter. Finally, take out your Pendrive and insert it again. You will see the BitLocker option or your Pendrive in the list of BitLocker.

my diskpart

Buy Best Selling Pendrive From Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages